Azithromycin 250MG is an antibiotic.
This drug belongs to the group of Macrolides and is used for the treatment of infections caused by bacteria, especially microorganisms responsible for respiratory tract infections and urinary tract infections.
The drug is known under the brand name Zithromax but nowadays this drug is also available generically and you can order unbranded Azithromycin Sandoz without a prescription from your doctor.
You order Generic Azithromycin 250mg Film-coated Tablets without a prescription in our online pharmacy!
The composition of Azithromycin sandoz 250 mg
The active substances in this medicine are Azithromycin. The precise composition of azithromycin 250mg film-coated tablets consists of the following excipients:
- CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE
- SODIUM LAURIL SULPHATE
- SODIUM STARCH GLYCOLATE
- SILICON DIOXIDE
- TITANE DIOXIDE
- HYPROMELLOSIS, Type 2910
- LACTOSE 1-WATER
- MACROGOL 4000MAGNESIUM STEARATE
- STARCH, PRE-REGLATED
Acute bronchitis and more
Azithromycin 250MG is prescribed by your doctor if you have a respiratory or urinary tract infection.
Your doctor can also prescribe this antibiotic if you suffer from chronic inflammation such as chronic bronchitis or pneumonia.
Azithromycin Sandoz is prescribed in the following cases
- Severe skin condition
- If you suffer from ear infections (Acute otitis media)
- If you suffer from various respiratory infections, such as chronic inflammation of the respiratory tract characterized by coughing and or mucus production (chronic bronchitis) or pneumonia (pneumonia)
- Different types of bacteria that cause infections of the throat (pharyngitis), tonsils (tonsillitis) and sinuses (sinusitis)
- Infections of the cervix caused by the bacteria Chlamydia trachomatis
- Urethra infections.
Thus, the active substances in this antibiotic, azithromycin 250mg, are prescribed for the treatment of different types of infections and different types of inflammation caused by bacterial infection.
Prescribing antibiotics is not something that a doctor or pharmacist does just like that, but if you suffer from chronic inflammation such as the infections or inflammations mentioned above, then treatment with azithromycin Sandoz is necessary to cure these inflammations such as inflamed mucous membranes.
You can order Azithromycin 250MG in our online pharmacy without a prescription from the doctor or pharmacist
How do you use Azithromycin Sandoz?
The active ingredient azithromycin sandoz is best taken in the following way:
The active ingredient azithromycin should be taken as a three-day or five-day course, unless you are taking the medicine to treat urinary tract infections caused by the bacteria chlamydia trachomatis. In the latter case, use Azithromycin Sandoz as a one-day course.
- In case of a three-day course: Take 500 mg azithromycin sandoz once a day (this can consist of 2 azithromycin 250 mg tablets or 1 azithromycin sandoz tablet of 500 mg)
- In case of a five-day course: Then take 500 MG on day 1 (2 tablets of 250 mg or one tablet of 500 mg) and on day 2, day 3, day 4 and day 5, take only 1 tablet of 250mg in
- In case of a one-day course: Take 1000 MG azithromycin sandoz (4 tablets azithromycin 250 mg or 2 tablets of 500 mg) Take these film-coated tablets in 1 time.
How to take these film-coated tablets?
It is best to take these film-coated tablets with a glass of water, you can take this medicine with food or without. Taking this drug with food can help counteract side effects such as nausea.
A forgotten dose?
If you forget to take a dose In case of a missed dose, it is best to take this medicine as soon as possible and then follow the dosing schedule as usual.
Did you accidentally take too much azithromycin Sandoz?
If you accidentally take too much Azithromycin Sandoz, you may experience serious side effects such as diarrhea or hearing loss. If you have taken too much, it is best to immediately contact the casualty department of the nearest hospital.
How do you stop taking this medicine?
If you are taking Azithromycin Sandoz, it is best to finish the prescribed course, even if you feel better again. If you stop taking this medicine too soon, the infection may return. And like any antibiotic, the bacteria can become desensitized to the drug that makes them even more difficult to treat.
It is therefore important that you complete the course so that the bacteria disappear completely and the infection is completely treated.
You can easily order Azithromycin 250mg on our website. You do not need a prescription from your GP
What are the side effects of Azithromycin sandoz?
Just as any drug can cause side effects, Azithromycin Sandoz can also cause unpleasant side effects. The side effects you can expect when taking Azithromycin Sandoz are described below.
Common side effects
- Nausea, diarrhoea, flatulence, stomach cramps
- A digestive disorder, vomiting
- Headache, fatigue
- Dizziness, drowsiness
- Tingling in the hands or feet
- Vision disturbances
- Itching or rash
- pain in your joints
- loss of appetite, smell or taste disorders
- Changes in the white blood cells and a decreased resistance or decreased amount of bicarbonate in the blood
Uncommon side effects
- Pounding heartbeat
- Ringing in the ears or impaired hearing
- nervousness, decreased skin sensitivity, drowsiness, insomnia
- intestinal inflammation or blockage (constipation)
- liver inflammation or changes in liver enzymes
- chest pain, swollen skin, feeling generally unwell, weakness
fungal infections of the mouth
- hypersensitivity, itchy skin rash, sensitivity to sunlight
- Infections of the vagina
- reduced number of white blood cells.
- abnormal kidney function test results, abnormal blood potassium level
Rare side effects
- excitement, a sense of loss of identity, sense of giddiness
- reduction in platelet count, increasing the risk of bruising and bleeding.
- reduction in the number of red blood cells, which may cause pale yellow skin, weakness or shortness of breath
- abnormal liver function
- Myasthenia gravis muscle disease
- anxiety, fainting, convulsions, hyperactivity, aggressive feelings
- disturbed sense of smell, loss of sense of smell or taste
- A discoloration of the tongue
- Low blood pressure
The side effects described above may occur if you are taking Azithromycin Sandoz for acute bronchitis or as a treatment for other infections caused by an infection.
There is also a chance that you will get serious side effects if you take Azithromycin 250mg Tablets. These side effects can occur as a result of an allergic reaction.
Severe side effects
The use of Azithromycin Sandoz can cause a serious allergic reaction, if you experience this stop taking this medicine immediately and contact your doctor or go to the emergency department of the hospital straight away.
Symptoms of a severe allergic reaction to the described drug are as follows:
- Severe dizziness or even fainting
- Severe or itchy skin rash
- Difficulty breathing, talking or swallowing.
- Swelling of the tongue, lips, or face and throat
- Severe diarrhea that lasts for a long time and or contains blood
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- Irregular or rapid heartbeat
- The yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes (caused by liver problems)
- Inflammation of the pancreas resulting in pain in your back and lower abdomen
- Increased (or decreased) urine production or traces of blood in your urine as a cause of kidney problems.
- Sensitivity to sunlight
Always read the package leaflet
As you can read, there are quite a few side effects that can occur while taking this drug. For example, a severe hypersensitivity reaction or other side effects such as excessive sweating, extreme tiredness, or other side effects that can occur if you take this medicine for a chronic inflammation such as chronic bronchitis
It is therefore wise to always read the package leaflet before taking a medicine such as Azithromycin Sandoz. The package insert contains important information about azithromycin teva or other similar medicines and, for example, it contains important information about possible interactions that may occur if you take this medicine in combination with other medicines.
The use of Azithromycin 250mg in combination with other medicines can cause interactions. It is therefore important to inform yourself well if you are also taking other medicines at the same time as Azithromycin Sandoz.
The drugs with which the main interactions can occur are described below:
- Do not use Azithromycin Sandoz in combination with medicines that increase the risk of cardiac arrhythmias. A serious cardiac arrhythmia can occur when combined with Azithromycin Sandoz. This may be especially true in women or in people over 70 years of age who already have heart disease. You notice a heart rhythm disorder by sudden dizziness or short-term loss of consciousness. It is best to contact your GP immediately if you notice this.
- Typhoid Vaccine Capsules. The use of Azithromycin 250mg makes the typhoid fever vaccine in the capsules ineffective. Therefore, do not use both agents together. If there is at least 3 days between the two medicines then it should not be a problem.
Do you want to use typhoid vaccine capsules? Then wait at least 3 days after the end of the course with azithromycin. Or ask your doctor for an injection against typhoid fever. The interaction then does not occur.
Did you take typhoid vaccine capsules less than 3 days ago and should you start taking azithromycin now? Please contact your doctor.
Azithromycin 250mg may increase the side effects of the drugs listed below
Do not use azithromycin Sandoz in combination with these medicines. If you do use these medicines, your doctor will probably prescribe a different antibiotic.
Do not use azithromycin 250mg simultaneously with the following medicines
- The anticoagulant drugs acenocoumarol and phenprocoumon.
- The medicine against migraine ergotamine.
- Digoxin, a medicine against heart rhythm disorders and heart failure
- The immunosuppressant drug cyclosporine.
If you are not sure whether you can safely use Azithromycin Sandoz, we advise you to contact your doctor. Your doctor or pharmacist will further inform you about the possible interactions that may occur while taking azithromycin.
Other information about the use of Azithromycin 250mg
As you have now read, the medicine that contains the active substance azithromycin sandoz or similar active substances causes unpleasant side effects. A long-term cure usually consists of 3 to max 5 days. In some cases you only use this medicine as a one-day course, if a single dose is sufficient for the application, such as when you use Azithromycin teva to treat the bacterium chlamydia.
It is important to finish your course even if you feel better. This prevents the infection from coming back or not being completely cured yet. This comes from scientific sources, why the explanation frequencies are also regularly described. The Drug Information Center can give you important information about azithromycin teva.
With us you can order Azithromycin teva without a prescription from your doctor. You therefore do not need a prescription to order this medicine from us. We do of course assume that you read the package leaflet or know other important information about this medicine before you start using it.
Order Azithromycin 250mg easily in our online pharmacy!
How are cookies stored in our webshop?
Our webshop only stores cookie data from users who have given permission for this.
Nothing we write will or may be used by a third party. Fields are marked with the use of our cookies.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) privacy law has been in effect for the entire European Union since 25 May 2018. Internationally, the law is called the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Under the GDPR, you have more obligations when processing personal data than before. Privacy rights have been strengthened and expanded with the GDPR. They are used to improve your experience. With the GDPR, customers have options to stand up for themselves when it comes to the processing of their data.
They have more control over their data and what companies do with it. All rights reserved.